My go-to cocktail is a vodka gimlet. It’s simple, classic, and yes, I most definitely nabbed it from Mad Men‘s Betty Draper. Now, this may offend purists, but last night I decided to shake things up and add a little more flavor to my poison. I had raspberries on hand, and the result—I call it a Muddled Raspberry Vodka Gimlet—was pretty sensational, and perfect for these breezy early summer evenings we’ve been having.
- 1 1/2 shots of vodka
- 1 shot of lime juice (you can use fresh but I prefer Rose’s)
- 4 raspberries
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add the vodka and lime juice. Give it a few good shakes.
- Put the raspberries in a glass and mash them up with a muddler (a wooden spoon or the non-business end of some other utensil will also do the trick).
- Fill the glass with crushed ice and pour the vodka and lime juice into it.
- Give it a good stir with a straw, put on your best Betty Draper bitchface, and enjoy!